Student Awards


Student Awards

site header

Income Taxes

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations require the University to issue T4A slips for all scholarships, bursaries and awards disbursed to students in a given calendar year.?If you have received a scholarship,?bursary or award from Queen's and have not provided the University with your Social Insurance Number (SIN), you will be?prompted to input your SIN via SOLUS.?

Under normal circumstances the full amount of scholarships, bursaries or awards are not subject to federal tax and are no longer reported as income on your federal tax return if they were earned by you as a student enrolled in a program that entitles you to claim the education amount.?For more information, see Canada Revenue Agency publication P105 entitled "Students and Income Tax".

Non-Canadian citizens will not be issued a Social Insurance Number unless they seek employment in Canada.?If you are granted a scholarship, bursary or award?and do not have a SIN please visit the Service Canada website for information on how to apply for a SIN.

Goodes Hall in winter

All T4A slips are mailed to your Mailing Address as it appears on SOLUS.?T4As will be mailed at the end of February for the previous calendar year (therefore if you receive a bursary in January you will not receive a T4A until the February of the following year).?

Please visit the Office of the University Registrar's website for more information on how to print off a T2202A slip from SOLUS.

  • 892682853 2018-01-19
  • 416326852 2018-01-19
  • 378647851 2018-01-19
  • 438331850 2018-01-19
  • 222973849 2018-01-19
  • 366558848 2018-01-19
  • 519650847 2018-01-19
  • 813371846 2018-01-19
  • 847509845 2018-01-19
  • 937760844 2018-01-19
  • 308783843 2018-01-19
  • 73312842 2018-01-19
  • 298602841 2018-01-19
  • 12369840 2018-01-19
  • 361113839 2018-01-19
  • 518704838 2018-01-19
  • 607944837 2018-01-18
  • 706139836 2018-01-18
  • 252359835 2018-01-18
  • 10880834 2018-01-18